Welcome to Tech Forum 2020! We’re excited to have you speak at Canada’s largest book industry conference.
In order to promote your session, we ask that you please provide crucial details — including your bio, social media handles, headshot, and session details — within two weeks of acceptance by completing this form: https://forms.gle/cpWa6wuAzRK4cZvMA
This information will be used in promotional materials, including the Tech Forum website. If you would like to edit your information at any time, you can do so by sending your changes to email@example.com or by logging in to your speaker profile on Sched.com.
We will be using Sched to host the schedule for the conference. Your speaker profile and session details will be added to techforum2020.sched.com when announced, and those links will be emailed to you. Please feel free to log in to your speaker profile (using the email address you’ve submitted in the above form), once it’s been created. You can use Sched to:
- Update your profile and social media/website links
- Email the attendees who have added your session to their personalized schedules before, during, or after the conference
- Add your slides, links, or supplementary materials to your session page
- Network with other speakers, sponsors, and attendees
- See what attendees thought of your talk through the feedback poll available directly in your Sched session page
Full instructions on how speakers can use Sched can be found here.
As you prepare for your presentation, please make note of these guidelines for all PowerPoint or Keynote slides:
- The screens at the venue are all widescreen, ratio 16:9.
- Include your social media handle(s) and the #TechForum hashtag in every slide. If you’re presenting in an ebookcraft track, you can also use #EbookCraft. Attendees will want to know how to tag you and the conference when they’re talking about your session online.
- Please make sure to send your completed slides (and any other supplementary links or files) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by uploading them to your session page on Sched.com before your session.
To make things easier, you’re welcome to use one of our templates for your slides:
Code of Conduct
All conference attendees will be asked to follow our Code of Conduct during the conference. Feel free to familiarize yourself with the guidelines here.
We will be in touch soon to collect information about your presentation’s technical specifications, to provide details on travel and accommodations, and to let you know about the speaker dinner and other special events. These details will be shared and added to this page throughout the fall and winter.
In the meantime, please feel free to send any questions to email@example.com and let us know if you’re interested in contributing to guest blog posts or podcasts to help promote your session.