It’s the most wonderful time of the year again! Tech Forum, our annual conference that focuses on digital developments in the book publishing industry, is accepting proposals. As the largest tech-focused professional development event in the Canadian publishing industry, it provides hundreds of book industry professionals with the opportunity to learn, debate, network, and glimpse the future of our industry. Doesn’t that sound like something you want to be a part of?
Tech Forum 2018 will take place in Toronto on Friday, March 23, 2018.
We encourage professionals in North America and abroad to submit proposals on any of the following topics:
- Children’s publishing
- Data analysis
- Augmented & virtual reality
- Encouraging and engaging with fan culture
- Innovations in higher education publishing models
- Strategic adoption of industry standards
- Pricing strategies, especially for international markets
- Experiments with AI and machine learning
- Blockchain and its applications for publishing
Proposals will be considered for presentations and panel discussions. A typical time slot is 45-60 minutes.
Tips for submitting your proposal:
- Tell us about yourself: why would you be the best person to talk about this topic?
- Give us as much detail about your proposed presentation as possible.
- Remember that these are short presentations, so it’s best to narrow your scope. Please indicate the length of time you will need to present your ideas.
- Your presentation can be practical or theoretical, but make sure it contains practical take-aways for the audience.
- Avoid sales pitches.
Suggestions also welcome!
If you’re not a presenter but would still like to suggest a topic or speaker, please get in touch. After all, this conference is for you.
Deadline for submissions:
Please send proposals and suggestions to email@example.com by Sept. 15, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET. All submissions are considered by the conference committee. Successful candidates will be contacted with more information on presentation opportunities at Tech Forum 2018.
If you or your company is interesting in partnering with BookNet Canada to present Tech Forum 2018, please get in touch. Varying levels of support — in-kind and/or financial — are available and paired to your company’s objectives. Start the conversation via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t forget to sign up for the Tech Forum & ebookcraft mailing list to receive all the updates!